About 63% of customers track their shipment after order placement. We all know how frustrating it can be to wait for a shipment not knowing when it will arrive. In business environment, the stakes are much higher. If a tower crane does not reach the destination in time, it could have heavy cost implications. Uncertainty in such situations is not acceptable. Fortunately, real time tracking can help mitigate these uncertainties.
Real time tracking entails end-to-end visibility into the status and movement of vehicles or freight as they move through the entire supply chain. It is important to know the whereabouts of shipments as they leave the warehouse for other warehouses or clients. Freight monitoring is crucial for corporate success because of the impact it has on customer service, because even with freight, customers want to know where their products are and when they can expect them. Real time tracking can be tricky and complicated to implement. However, you can enhance delivery speed and minimize operating costs by tracking your freight shipments. It is one of the seven critical factors you need to consider before choosing a shipping carrier.
Benefits of Real Time Tracking
1. Accurate Scheduling: One of the major problems customers face with traditional freight transport is that they cannot anticipate the arrival of freight. However with real time tracking, customers can be sure of when freight will arrive, allowing them to manage resources such as dock doors, employees, and unloading equipment. It also allows them to respond carefully to late arrivals and minimize any associated delays and allows for seamless hand-off or transfer of goods. Accurate and up-to-date information on shipment of goods help organizations in planning activities and placing orders at the right time. This can help them in minimizing downtime due to unavailability of resources or placing orders for more than required material.
2. Reduced Risks: Another pain point of freight transport is loss of cargo. Location monitoring improves security when moving products they can be tracked at all times by both, us and the customers. This reduces the risk due to theft or other losses. Real time tracking assists in determining which time period an item went missing based on its most recent scan data, narrowing the opportunity for the disappearance of goods, which may result in the recovery of the goods or the identification of problem areas to prevent further supply chain disruptions.
3. Route Planning: This is the most important step in ensuring that the goods arrive at the location on time. Traditionally, transporters have used fixed routes, which the drivers would have to remember and pay close attention to. But with real time tracking, drivers can check whether the planned route is the fastest possible route and compare it with an alternative route.
Additionally, real time tracking helps us know the exact position of our fleet at all times. This helps in assigning the nearest appropriate vehicle for the customers’ shipment. This significantly reduces the cost and time required for the freight to reach its destination and avoids any delays due to unforeseen circumstances such as road closures. We analyze the tracking data and identify trouble spots which can cause potential delays. This helps in planning routes which will ensure fastest possible delivery from the get go.
4. Increased Transparency: In the past, a corporation may pretend that an item had been transferred along its supply lines while knowing that it was still sitting in place waiting to be moved in order to shift blame elsewhere. Sharing the tracking data with the customers makes the process transparent. The customer is in control of the freight. Sharing tracking data with the customers helps us prove our operational integrity and challenge the status quo in the industry.
5. Reducing Costs: Keeping track of inventory levels is the simplest method to avoid overstocking and, as a consequence, reduce inventory costs. To avoid overstocking, you must be confident that the delivery will arrive on time. A robust freight tracking system helps in making sure that healthy level of inventory always maintained. This can have direct implications on inventory and logistics cost.
6. Customer Satisfaction: The preceding arguments all point to one essential factor that is central to the overall goal of delivering up-to-date tracking information: improving customer happiness. Customer satisfaction is improved by ensuring complete transparency, the security of products, and a dedication to prompt delivery.
It is critical in today’s corporate culture to have a thorough grasp of your shipping matrix. Having an efficient shipping plan is critical for growing your business, staying competitive, increasing efficiency, and reducing errors. Communicating the progress of each shipment enables to provide more accurate quotes and exhibit personalized customer service. Freight shipment tracking should not be overlooked. A solid implementation of freight tracking should be at the center of any supply chain.
Bushell’s real time tracking service helps you with exactly that. Whether you are shipping products to a client or transporting them for own use, with our real time tracking service and robust fleet, certainty that the shipment will arrive on time will be one less thing you need to worry about.